Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bananananana bread. Again

Now I know I've posted a Banana Bread recipe already, but hey, when Deb's got a recipe up, I have to try it. And boy was it worth it.

I had these bananas left over from the GM, that were black on the outside. I mean, I know I'm OCD about bananas, but even my mother wouldn't have eaten these. I also didn't have bourbon in the house, but the smell of the cinnamon and the bananas made me think of Old Monk, and would you know it, there is one way to make Old Monk taste good. I don't have a loaf pan, as previously discussed, so I baked it in my borosil lasagna pan. Worked. Turned out skinny as hell, but hey, so what.

Heads up, don't look closely at the pictures of the batter. Seriously. I had to toss most of them they made me nauseous.




  • 3 ripe bananas, smushed
  • 1/3 cup melted salted butter (do I ever use anything else? This time the recipe called for it.)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (Use more if you want it sweeter, I like it this way)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 tbs Old monk or some dark rum
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour


Mix the butter into the mashed bananas. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and rum, and then spices. Sprinkle baking powder and salt over the mixture and mix it. Add the flour last and slowly mix it in. Bake in greased pan for about 50 min at 180C, or till tester comes out clean.

No comments: